Tom and Jerry Christmas Cocktail
This creamy, warm and boozy Christmas time cocktail is popular in Wisconsin and throughout the Midwest.
- 2 Medium Non Reactive Mixing Bowls
- Whisk or Hand Blender
- Spice Grater
- Tea Kettle
- Coffee Mugs
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp Clove
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 oz Dark Rum preserves batter
- 1 pinch Cream of Tartar
- 3 tbsp Batter roughly ½ the cup
- 1½ oz Brandy
- ½ oz Rum
- 5 oz Hot Water
- Garnish: Grated Whole Nutmeg
- Separate eggs
- Combine egg yolks and ½ of the sugar in a bowl and blend until mixture falls in ribbons. Blend in remaining sugar, spices and 1 oz of dark rum.
- Add remaining sugar, spices and 1 oz of dark rum.
- In a new bowl combine egg whites with a pinch of cream of tartar and whip to high peaks.
- Carefully fold in egg yolk blend. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
- Add batter, rum and cognac into a mug and stir.
- Top with hot water.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!