Blue Hawaii Jelly Shot
Jelly shot version of the classic Blue Hawaii tiki drink.
- Sauce Pan
- Mini Muffin Silicon Molds or 1 Pound non reactive (glass) Loaf Pan
- ¼ cup Pineapple Juice (strained)
- ¼ cup Vodka
- 1 envelope Knox Gelatin Knox is by far the best gelatin for jelly shots. If you are going to be making large batches of jelly shots, I recommend purchasing the pound jar of Knox versus using the packets. It is far cheaper.
- ¼ cup Blue Curacao Liqueur
- ¼ cup White Rum
- ¾ cup Pineapple Juice (strained)
- ¼ cup Lemon Syrup Replace lemon juice in the Raw Lime Cordial Recipe.
- 1 envelope Knox Gelatin
- Combine pineapple juice and vodka in a small sauce pan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak for minute or two. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is fully dissolved. Be very careful not to over heat or the alcohol will evaporate. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in curacao and rum. Transfer to mold or pan and refrigerate for at least an hour or until fully set.
- Prepare the yellow layer, as it is important to give it time to cool prior to layering onto of the blue layer. If the mixture is too hot it will just melt the blue layer and you will end up with a solid green jelly shot.
- Combine pineapple juice and lemon syrup in a small sauce pan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak for minute or two. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is fully dissolved. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Remove set Blue Layer from fridge and carefully ladle yellow layer on top. Refrigerate until fully set for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from molds or cut into desired shapes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!