Linguine and Clams
Quick Easy to make recipe
- 1 Large pot
- 1 skillet
- Kitchen tools, spatula, etc.
- Pasta strainer
- 2 Cloves Garlic diced/minced fine
- 2 TBSP Coarse Salt For pasta water
- Pinch Coarse black pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- 1 TBSP Oregano
- 1 Small Spicy pepper minced fine Optional
- 1 LB Linguine Buy good pasta.
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 3-4 Cans Clams, canned, chopped with liquid. Add more if you like or less for few people
- Fresh Parmesean cheese
- 1 TSP Italian herb blend
- Add water to the large cooking pot, turn to medium to start heating up the water.
- While water is heating up, slowly bring your frying pan up to low temp, add olive oil, once the oil heats up (Not smoking hot, just low heat) add in garlic and stir. Allow garlic to flavor your oil, add in clams and clam juice. Stir well. Add in oregano, italian herb blend, small pinch of salt, black pepper, diced spicy pepper (optional). Allow to simmer while you prepare the pasta.
- Once your water is boiling rapidly, add in 2 tablespoons of salt. Bring water back into a rolling boil. Add in pasta and cook according to the directions. Good pasta typically will take 7-11 minutes. Be sure to stir pasta occassionaly while it's cooking.
- Once you've reached al dente drain pasta and serve up with clams and juice over the pasta. Or, you can put the pasta in a large serving bowl, top with the clams and juice. Grate parmesan cheese over the clams before serving and top with a pinch of parsley (optional).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!