Legal Seafood’s Crab Cakes with Spicy Chipotle Aioli
Jumbo crab cakes with lots of crab and very little filler!
- Mixing bowl, spatula, measuring spoons and cups, whisk
- Large frying pan or skillet
- 1 TSP Dry mustard
- 1/2 TSP Prepared horseradish
- 1/2 TSP Dijon mustard
- 1/3 Cup + 1 TSP Mayonnaise
- 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 TSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP Tabasco
- 1 TSP Old Bay seasoning, or more to taste
- 12 OZ Fresh lump crab meat
- 1/2 Cup Saltine cracker, crushed finely
Spicy Chipotle Aioli
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Large Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 TBSP Chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, minced
- Juice from 1/2 of a Lemon
- A few grates of the lemon rind
- 1/8 TSP Coarse salt
- For the crab cakes, whisk together the dry mustard, horseradish, dijon, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire, tabasco, and old bay together. Fold in the crab meat and crackers. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While the crab cakes are resting, whisk together the ingredients for the aioli, cover, and refrigerate.
- After an hour, preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with a silpat mat.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal crab cakes. Bake for 20-30 minutes until browned. Serve immediately with the aioli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!