Brazil's national drink is amazingly easy and simply refreshing. In a pinch, you may substitute white rum for Cachaca.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Double Rocks Glass
- 2 oz Cachaca
- 1 Large Fresh Lime Use 2 if small
- ¾ oz Simple Syrup 1 parts white sugar to 1 part water
- 1 tsp White Sugar or sugar cube
- Slice lime in 1/2 lengthwise and remove the pith. Then cut into 6 wedges.
- In a shaker muddle the lime with simple syrup and sugar.
- Add cachaca and shake with crushed ice until the outside of the shaker is frosty, about 20 seconds.
- Dump into a double rocks glass.
- No garnish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!