Freise’s Corner Bar Sangria
A Portuguese classic Sangria made with a nice dry Portuguese Douro Valley Reserva
- 32 oz Glass Pitcher
- Glass Measuring Cup
- Stemless Martini Glasses
- ½ Green Apple diced in large chunks
- ½ Orange diced in large chunks measured by weight
- 3-4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Orange Juice fresh squeezed and strained
- ½ cup Cognac
- 750 ml Portuguese Dry Red Wine preferably a Douro Valley Reserva
- Mix orange juice and brown sugar in a 32 oz class pitcher and stir until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 of the apples and oranges and muddle for 45 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Serve over ice in a stemless martin glass, being sure to include some of the fruit when you pour.
This recipe may be made in advanced and stored in a closed glass or stainless steel container in the refrigerator for two days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!