Baked Dubliner Cheese Crusted Cod
Simple Baked Cod with a Cheesy Twist
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Baking dish to hold the cod filets. Do not crowd the fish. Make sure your baking dish is larger enough.
- 1 Measuring spoons
- 1.5 LBS Cod Filets Captain's Cut is the nicest cut if you can find it.
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs I use plain.
- 2 TBSP Fresh parsely
- 2 TBSP Kerrygold Irish butter, melted
- 2 TSP Coleman's mustard or strong Irish mustard
- 2 TSP Minced green onions
- 6 OZ Dubliner cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 TSP Seasoning Salt like Lawry's or Season All. I put a recipe for Seasoning Salt below in the comments section.
- Set over at 375F and butter the baking dish well and set aside.
- Pat the fish dry and sprinkle with salt.
- Mix the bread crumbs, melted butter, mustard, onions, and parsley in a bowl. Add cheese and mix well. Pat mixture on top of filets to form crust.
- Very carefully pour the cream over and around the fish. Bake until fish is cooked through and crust is golden brown, approx. 20 minutes, but check it at 15 minutes. No one wants over-cooked fish.
- Serve up.
Seasoning Salt Recipe:
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!