This boozy, bitter and sweet New Orleans' classic was created in the 1800s.
- Mixing Glass
- Mixing Spoon
- Cocktail Strainer
- Old Fashioned Glass
- 1½ oz Rye Whiskey
- ½ oz Cognac
- 1 tsp Demerara Syrup 2 parts Demerara sugar to 1 part water
- 4 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- 1 Lemon Twist
- Rinse a rocks glass with absinthe and dump.
- Stir liquor and bitters over ice, then strain into glass.
- Squeeze the lemon twist over the drink and discard.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!