Smokey and delicious oyster appetizer.
- Oyster Knife
- Metal Backing Pan
- Shellfish Rack (optional)
- Outdoor Grill
- 1 dozen Fresh Oysters large
- 2 tbsp Tart Berry Jam gooseberry, wild blueberry, boysenberry, blackberry, black currant, or red currant
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mirin, Sake or Cream of Sherry
- 2 tbsp Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Kosher Salt required if you are not using a shellfish rack
- Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
- Shuck the oysters and loosen from the bottom shell. Try not to spill the juices! Set the oysters in a shellfish rack or in a metal baking pan filled with kosher salt so the oysters stand upright. Discard the top shell.
- Place a small spoonful (between 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon) of berry jam in each oyster. Add a small spoonful of chopped ginger, followed by a few drops of soy sauce, mirin, and vinegar.
- Place shellfish rack on the grill until the juices and sauce bubble and the oyster is cooked, 4 to 6 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!