This classic Caesar salad comes from "From Julia Child's Kitchen", published in 1975. Ceasar Cardini, a San Diego restaurateur, created the recipe in Tijuana and tossed it table side for an added flair.
- 1 Large Wooden Bowl
- 8 Chilled Salad Plates
- 4 heads Hearts of Romaine Lettuce
- 2 med Garlic Cloves
- ⅛ tsp Dry Mustard Substitute 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 can Anchovies Drained
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- At least 30 minutes before preparing salad, wash, dry and chill lettuces.
- Smash garlic cloves and rub throughout the bowl.
- Add mustard, anchovies and Worcestershire sauce to bowl and mix into a paste.
- Tear lettuce into larger bite size pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add olive oil, egg yolks and lemon juice and toss gently until thoroughly mixed.
- Add parmesan cheese and toss gently.
- Add croutons and toss gently.
- Serve on chilled plates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!