Bee’s Knees – “The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks” 1948
This cocktail will cure whatever ails you! David Embury's recipe in The Fine Art of Mixing Drink adds orange juice to the classic recipe.
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Coupe Glass
- 2 oz Dry Gin
- ¾ oz Fresh Lemon Juice strained
- ¼ oz Fresh Orange Juice strained
- ¾ oz Honey Syrup 2 parts honey to 1 part water
- 3 dash Bitter Truth Aromatic Bitters
- Garnish Orange Swath
- Fill coupe glass with ice and water to chill.
- Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until the outside of the shaker is frosty, about 20 seconds
- Double strain into coupe glass
- Grate with orange swath
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!