Maryland Lump Crab Cakes
Tasty crab cakes for any occasion. You modify this and make them for appetizers by adjusting the size and baking time.
- Mixing Bowl, Whisk, measuring spoons.
- Baking Sheet
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Fresh chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 LB Fresh Jumbo Crab meat–always check over for shell bits.
- 2 tsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cups Crumbled saltine crackers
- 1) Whisk together, egg, mayo, parsley, Dijon, lemon juice, and salt.2) Place crab meat on top of mixture.3) Crumble saltines on top of crab meat and very lightly/carefully "fold" all together, minding not to break up the lump crab meat too much. 4) Cover tightly with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at LEAST 45 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. 5) When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 450F.6) Heavily grease baking pan with butter. 7) Cup mixture onto pan using a 1/2 cup measure. Compact lightly into a patty. 8) Place small pat of butter on top and slide pan into the over for 15 minutes. Check status at 12 minutes as oven's can vary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!