Cherries and Port Wine Sauce for Duck
- 2 TBSP Duck Fat
- 1/4 Cup Shallots, diced. About 1 large.
- 1 TBSP Unsalted Butter, Cold
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock, low sodium or no salt
- 2 TBSP Tawny Port
- 1 TBSP Honey, Orange Blossom if possible.
- 8-10 Whole Cherries, sweet, frozen, thawed or fresh.
- Using the pan you cooked your duck in, leave 2 TBSP of duck fat, add the shallots and stir over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, cherries, Port, and honey. Increase heat to high and boil until sauce is reduced to glaze, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Whisk in 1 tablespoon cold butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice duck. Fan slices out on plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
Wines that go well with this are medium bodied reds. A Spanish Rioja for example.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!