Morangão is the most famous cocktails made with the classic Portuguese liquor, Licor Beirão. Licor Beirão is a 22% double distillation of aromatic plants and spices. It is sweet, syrupy with flavors of caramel and herbs and spices that are hard to place. There are hints of cocoa, vanilla and anise. When doing a taste test with what we had in our liquor stock, it came closest to Benedictine. Fresh strawberries and lemon juice make for a refreshing light cocktail.
- Highball Glass or Snifter
- 4 oz Fresh Strawberries Washed and topped or you may substitute frozen berries.
- 2 oz Licor Beirão You may substitute rum or vodka for a boozier alternative.
- 1¼ oz Lemon Juice Fresh squeezed.
- 1 Whole Strawberry Garnish
- Crushed Ice
- Add Strawberries and Lemon Juice to a blender and puree.
- Transfers strawberry juice to a shaker, add liquor and a 1/2 scoop of crushed ice. Shake and transfer to high ball or snifter. Top off with more crushed ice if needed.
- Garnish with a strawberry.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!