Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
These Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats don’t have any pumpkin in them but rather they’re just shaped to look like a pumpkin so you still get that same sweet vanilla marshmallow flavor.
- 6 cups 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 3 TBSP Salted butter, If you only have unsalted, add a pinch to the melted butter.
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows Or, 40 large
- 5 Pretzel Sticks–use broken ends about 1 inch or so
- 10 Green Airheads, or Green Fondant
- 1 Spray Non-stick cooking spray I use gloves and spray them first.
- TBD drops Orange gel food coloring to desired color I used a mix of red and yellow to get the color i wanted as I did not have orange.
- Measure out rice krispies cereal and pour into a bowl. Melt butter in a 4 quart non-stick saucepan or pot over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir and as they begin to melt start adding in the gel food coloring until desired color is achieved. Stir constantly until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat then immediately pour in rice krispies cereal and gently stir and fold with a spatula until cereal is evenly coated. Let mixture cool slightly (until it's cool enough to handle with your hands).
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray then shape rice krispie treat mixture into balls about the size of a baseball, then insert 1 piece of the pretzel rod into the top center and reshape the pumpkin as needed. Transfer to a plate or dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Beginning on one side of the airhead candy cut out a leaf shape with clean scissors then use the remaining portion of the piece of candy to roll and shape into a thin rope shape then twist into a vine shape (or just shape the fondant accordingly, no cutting required).
- Place candy on the sides of each pretzel on the pumpkin (as pictured). Repeat with remaining candy. Store in an airtight container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!